Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
This privacy statement is applicable to www.un-plated.com and any affiliate websites.
The Information We Collect and How It’s Used:
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of our website. However, you may choose to provide such information on a voluntary basis in certain circumstances. The types of information we may collect, store, and use can include:
- Information about your computer, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information, such as your email address, name, telephone number and address, that you may enter when you register with our website;
- Information, such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details, that you enter when you create a profile on our website;
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- Information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details, related to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website;
- Information, such as your username, profile pictures, and content, that you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet;
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata; and
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
- Administering our website and business;
- Personalizing our website for you;
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- Sending you goods purchased through our website;
- Supplying services purchased through our website;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Sending you marketing communications related to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users based on user behaviour in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information since we will only provide aggregated data from these analyses);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- Other uses, as they come up, of which will make best efforts to make you aware.
If you voluntarily disclose personal information for publication on our website, such as on a bulletin board or in a chat room, we will publish and otherwise use that information as you provide us. Any substantive information disclosed in this communication can be collected, correlated and used by third parties and can result in unsolicited messages from other posters and third parties. This is beyond our control.
Personally identifiable information on individual users will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without the express approval of the user at the time of collection. At such points of collection, you will have the opportunity to indicate whether you would like to “opt in” to receiving promotional and/or marketing information about other products, services and offerings from us and/or any third parties.
We reserves the right to contact you regarding your account status, changes to the subscriber agreement and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected about you or for your benefit.
We may have to disclose your personal information without such notification for the following purposes:
- To any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with an inquiry regarding the commission of any offense, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request;
- To comply with applicable laws and lawful government or regulatory requests;
- To operate our systems properly; or
- To protect our users and us.
Retaining Personal Information
Our data retention procedure is designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information. Any personal information that we process for any purpose is not kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose. We will, however, retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Information Supplied by Your Browser
We will allow you to “opt out” of further promotional contacts at any time. Additionally upon request, we will use best efforts to allow you to update or correct personal information previously submitted which you state is erroneous to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Also, upon request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete you and your personal information from our database; however, it may be impossible to delete your entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, technical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website are protected by encryption technology through a third party processor.
However, the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure and so we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the web. We will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe. Further, you are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential. We will not ask you for your password except when you log into our website.
Links to Other Sites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to this website or of any third party advertisers on this website. You should check the applicable privacy policies of these parties when you provide them with your personal information.
Your European Privacy Rights
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights, including the right to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information;
- Require any corrections be made to the personal information we hold about you;
- Require the erasure or deletion of your personal information;
- Receive the personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Object to having your personal information be processed for direct marketing;
- Object to any decisions that produce legal affects that concern or affect you;
- Object in certain other situations regarding our continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in some circumstances; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on the consent you previously provided us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us and specify which right you intend to exercise.
How to Contact Us
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
The foregoing policies are effective as of March 15, 2019.