HIRING: EXECUTIVE PROJECTS ASSISTANT
Un-Plated is an online digital media platform dedicated to highlighting behind-the-scenes stories of the restaurant industry.
Focused primarily on people working in the restaurant business, Un-Plated celebrates those who dedicate their careers to food and hospitality. From celebrity chefs to dishwashers, restaurateurs to managers, Un-Plated gives everyone in the industry a voice.
Un-Plated is seeking a part-time, executive projects assistant position that is highly-organized with a strong attention to detail.
The position will start at 5-6 hours a week with the possibility of growth within the first six months.
$20 an hour.
- Scheduling interviews and meetings
- Managing social media accounts
- Content creation
- Scheduling and posting
- Community management
- Gathering analytics
- Assisting with event planning
- Administrative tasks
- Booking travel arrangements
- Expense tracking
- Keep up to date with research on
- Food and beverage industry
- Restaurant industry news
- Best practices for social media
- Best practices for digital marketing
- Occasional food and event photography
Un-Plated is seeking a candidate that is committed to professionalism. Candidate should be comfortable spending time with chefs, sommeliers, and other restaurant industry leaders.
- Well-versed in WordPress
- Social media content creation and community management
- Basic design capabilities (Photoshop, VSCO, Lightroom or similar)
- Content creation (blogging, social media, published works)
- Previous office and administrative experience
- Working knowledge of all basic computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, G-Mail)
- Demonstrated interest in food and hospitality industry
- Professional, patient, and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to manage deadlines and a fast-pace
- Excellent e-mail etiquette
- Exceptional grammar and AP style
- Pro-active thinker who identifies potential problems and comes to the table with solutions
HOW TO APPLY
A world-renowned, extremely busy chef has expressed an interest in participating in Un-Plated! Sabrina Medora passes along their note to you. It says: “Sure. I should be able to talk tomorrow or Friday morning early.”
The catch? Medora is entirely unavailable at those times. How do you handle the situation? Hint: write any e-mails as you would if you had the job.
@sabrinamedora needs to move the needle from 12.5K followers to 13K followers. How do you make this happen and how long do you project it will take?
- Please submit your absolute best writing sample. Just ONE.
- Please submit a photography portfolio (if you have one). Instagram feeds do count.
- Please submit your resume
Please complete Parts 1 and 2 as a PDF document and submit it along with items from Part Three to firstname.lastname@example.org.